The World Press Photo Foundation promotes visual journalism that understands the world.
It supports professional photographers and visual journalists in their work, increases understanding about new developments in visual journalism, and enables debate about the challenges facing the visual journalism community.
The World Press Photo Foundation is an independent non-profit organization founded in 1955 and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The World Press Photo Contest is the premier photojournalism award, and with 3.5 million visitors to World Press Photo’s 90 exhibitions in 42 countries, the Foundation engages a global audience for photojournalism. Want to join us?
There is one job opening currently available.
Please click below for more information:
Manager Communications and Marketing
The World Press Photo Foundation is looking for a senior communications professional to lead our Communications Team. The position reports to the Managing Director, serves as a member of the Management Team, and works closely with the Contest Team, Exhibition Team and Education Department.
The Manager Communications and Marketing will lead a team based in Amsterdam to develop and implement all the Foundation’s communication strategies, both internal and external, including media relations, social media profiles, the community engagement strategy, publicity campaigns, and marketing strategies. The Manager will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all the Foundation’s communication and marketing strategies.
- Developing strategic communications and marketing campaigns for all World Press Photo Foundation activities;
- Developing and executing multi-channel, multi-platform strategies to generate awareness and engagement within both the visual journalism community and the global audience for visual journalism;
- Identifying and executing integrated communications opportunities to increase the Foundation’s brand awareness and reputation;
- Ensuring the Foundation’s philosophy, mission and vision are implemented both within the organization and across its activities;
- Contributing to fundraising and recruitment of sponsors and setting up sponsorship activities and projects;
- Managing the operations, budget and evaluation of the Communications Team;
- Advising the Managing Director on both short- and long-term strategies to implement the Foundation’s vision and achieve the Foundation’s objectives.
Key Requirements & Qualifications
- Creative, positive, and high-energy individual with a hands-on mentality who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging, dynamic environment using creative problem-solving skills and adaptability;
- Minimum of 10 years experience, with at least 4 years in a leadership position, in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or NGO sector;
- Graduate degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or related field is preferred;
- Strong organizational skills, such as clear and strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communication and marketing strategies;
- Successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with the media;
- Experience developing strong and meaningful business relationships;
- Experience as a spokesperson with strong media relationships;
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time;
- Excellent spoken and written fluency in English and the willingness to learn basic Dutch. Some proficiency in German, French or Spanish is an asset.
Information & Application
This position is only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing valid work permit for the EU. World Press Photo will not assist applicants with applying for a work permit.
If this position sounds like you, please send a letter of interest and your resume (in English) to email@example.com before 12 October.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Erik Jager, HR Manager, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. At a later stage, you will be given the opportunity to speak directly with the Managing Director, Lars Boering.
World Press Photo receives support from the Dutch Postcode Lottery and is sponsored worldwide by Canon.